Jun 29 2021 · 2 min read
Cloud Security from Cmd is live on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace
By: Jennifer Ellard
It’s important to have your cloud-based security platform available to cloud architects and professionals. Cmd recently made part of it’s solution available to Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers. From the AWS marketplace, cloud gurus can select a trial of Cmd or one of our for-purchase Cmd products.
Cloud Security, especially detection, is difficult for four following reasons:
- Cloud moves fast. Systems launch and shutdown in minutes, including VMs and containers, which can move between on and off states even faster.
- Clouds are heterogeneous in nature. Most cloud environments are maintained and deployed by developers who aren’t accustomed to deploying the exact same system over and over again.
- Clouds are highly automated and flexible. This is on purpose and allows for fast deployment and rapid failure.
- Since clouds are shared in nature, the ownership responsibility is also shared. It can be difficult to point your finger at one group or service-provider who owns the cloud. Consider the complications here with a myriad of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS vendors.
Cmd has several customers who have already taken advantage of this way to purchase. If you are already leveraging AWS, there are reasons why purchasing Cmd via the marketplace is a solid idea.
Cloud security customers have many different reasons to use AWS marketplace to buy solutions:
- They already have a relationship with AWS and understand how to quickly purchase Cmd.
- Know who has the Sourcing relationship with AWS, so they know who to start with for help.
- They are a part of the AWS Enterprise Discount Program (EDP). Being a part of this program helps them leverage existing purchase credits.
- Wanted to apply their marketplace purchase to their AWS CodeCommit.
- Know that buying an InBox Agent was easy to do on their AWS bill.
If you want to take advantage and purchase cloud security products from Cmd, check out the Cmd site on the AWS marketplace.